Martes, Enero 3, 2012

Silver Lining.

January 3 is kind of a sad day for me. Just like every single morning at home, this day started with my usual dose of instant coffee. A tumbler-ful of not-so steaming creamed espresso. At around, I don't know, 9:10 in the morning perhaps, my mom delivered the 'freshest' news about my cousin: that she had failed four subjects last term and would be commuting from now on.

For six months, two terms, we've been sharing a studio-type unit located near the university we're attending. I can't exactly say that living with her was a breeze because it's not. So damn not. I mean, she can be quite insensitive: at first she sometimes lets her friends inside only when I'm not there, but the longer her stay becomes, the more frequent this occurs. It also reached to the point where she ignores me and lets people come inside even if I'm still there. Privacy is a big thing for me. I told her that this ticks me off, but she won't budge. I've also asked the help of my parents and uncles for them to talk to her about this thing, but -- shocker -- nothing happened.

Okay, getting back, she's still a freshman and failing four subjects as early as the second term speaks of something. I can't exactly say that she's worthy of the third chance our aunt's giving her this term, she flunked one the term before last (meaning: first term), and now these. Backgrounder: her mom passed away when she was little while her dad's taken a leave off being useful these days, so our dads' sister pays for her school. Mind you, we go to a prominent university and the tuition costs an arm and a leg. I guess, she partied a little bit too much and forgot her responsibilities. I've seen her tipsy-to-wasted transition pics, too, which are disturbing.

The third chance. She was pulled out from our unit and forced to commute everyday with them hoping that she'd learn her lesson. Travel time is at least 2 hours, with moderate to bordering on heavy traffic, from their house to school. Apart from the fact that she's gonna go under strict observation this term, the silver lining, especially for me, is I'm flying solo in the unit for at least a term before she's put back in.

I'm not a douche, swear! I'm just stating a fact.
Goodnight!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento