Biyernes, Enero 6, 2012

My NBI Experience: I rented a pair of grey slacks. On the Spot.

So my mom and I went to NBI (National Bureau of Investigation) to get our clearances today, and boy were the lines lengthy. I wasn't able to post something last night because I need to get up early -- 3 AM, to be exact. I tried getting me z's as early as 8:45 PM, but failed. After an hour or so of staring at my ceiling, I concluded that it was a losing battle.

So I decided to flick my light switch on and, get my book and continue reading Northanger Abbey.

http://www.harpercollins.co.uk/Titles/56391/northanger-abbey-jane-austen-9780007368600
I won't bore you with the details (as if you're not yet bored enough of my life, or lack thereof) so Google the synopsis. An blissful hour passed by and my eyes got a little itchy already, so I turned off my light and tried to sleep, but with no luck, I just inhaled-exhaled-turned left-turned right for another half hour. Again, I flicked my light switch on and resume my reading until 12:30 AM the next day. At around 12:20, my eye lids were already droopy, and after a few more minutes, I shut my light off and, alas! slept.

2 in the morning, my alarm protested like hell and I was on the verge of throwing my phone when I got a hold of myself and decided to shrug my piss off and just snooze it for another 10. So I did. I slept like a dead man that I was just awoken by my mom's knocking on the door. The 2:10 AM alarm was.. did it really alarm? Oh, well.

We arrived at the NBI complex around ten to 6 in the morning and what shocked me was the fact that more or less 200 people were already in line. The queue for the men and the women were separate and are located outside the building, about a hundred plus females were allowed to enter 5 minutes after my mom and I settled in our designated places. Fortunately, though, she was among the first 100+ women allowed inside. She constantly checked on me, and I was quite embarrassed, because shed go outside of the building to ask me this and ask me that. (And the fact that I forgot my phone did not help.)

I was sitting pretty on my green plastic chair when I saw her approaching, and was horrified with what she asked me to do. She told me to go outside and rent long pants from the vendors outside the NBI complex because shorts are not allowed inside the building. Talk about unhygienic! But then I sucked my eeew up and put on a pair of light grey slacks just to get this over with. Silver lining: I was wearing my dark brown Sanuk. And, honestly, my white shirt, grey pants and brown shoes ensemble wasn't THAT bad. After that, she took me inside the building, let me sit on the chair parallel to her line (where the males were) and acted like nothing happened. Yeah, I cut the line, and in my head, I was, like, Whoa! What the hell?!.. Okay, whatever -- and acted like nothing happened.

Continuation tomorrow, I'm already sleepy.
11:16 PM. Sleep tight!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento